October 24, 2010

Seven Year "Stitch"

My Art
So this is my art. I started counted cross-stitching when I was 10 and I made my very first quilt. By the age of 12 I had made two quilts, christmas decorations for everyone in my family, plus little things for my friends. As the years have progressed so have I in terms of talent, size, and difficulty.

I'm not sure exactly how long this particular project took me but I know for sure it was over five years. It is approx. 1 1/2 ft. x 2 1/2 ft. which is around 100,000 stitches. I literally put my blood, sweat and tears into this project.

A lot of people can't believe that someone like me can actually do this. I'm not patient by any means, which is the number one characteristic a person much possess in order to be a successful cross-stitcher. However,I love doing this more than anything else life can offer. It calms me and makes me feel as though I'm good at something. It's something that no one can ever take away from me. It's mine. I made it. 

I hope to share my art with the world someday. But for now I'll just be happy to let anyone who wants to see it, see it. And hopefully love it as much as I do. I will be posting more pictures of the rest of my creations on my facebook sometime in the near future. So feel free to browse. I love sharing...

Here's a preview of my next project...



My Next Project. (150,000 stitches approx. 25in x 36in)

No comments: