November 17, 2010

The Road to Hell is paved with Adverbs...



"Read sometimes for the story, Bobby. Don't be like the book snobs who won't do that. Read sometimes for the words - the language. Don't be like the play-it-safers that won't do that. But when you find a book that has both a good story and good words, treasure that book."
(Stephen King, Hearts in Atlantis)



I have loved reading ever since I picked up my first book. I find it very important for people to read not only because it makes you smarter and builds up your vocabulary, but it's a great way to expand your imagination and lets you get lost in a whole other world...

When I don't want to be in my reality I grab a book and get lost in its reality. I love Stephen King more than life itself not just for the genre but what he writes makes me think. It's deep. And meaningful. And words can't explain the way I feel when I'm done reading one of his books. Plus they are usually insanely creepy which is a definite bonus. I have always loved writing stories, essays, and even personal things such as blogs... Stephen King in my opinion is an amazing writer and I admire his talent...

I have decided to make a list of books that I must read before the year ends. Just like my taste in music, my taste in books is eclectic and strange. So here goes...

1. The Tommyknockers (Stephen King)
2. The Stand - Unedited version (Stephen King)
3. Insomnia (Stephen King. My favorite)
4. Harry Potter 1-7 (J.K. Rowling)
5. Gone With the Wind (Margaret Mitchell)
6. Scarlett (Margaret Mitchell)
7. The World According to Mr. Rogers (Fred Rogers)
8. Mein Kampf (Adolf Hitler)
9. The Story of My Life (Helen Keller)
10. Dead Souls (Nikolai Gogol)
11. A Farewell to Arms (Ernest Hemingway)
12. Night (Elie Weisel. I read this at least once a year.)

I know that the year is almost over and this seems like a huge amount of books to read, but like i said, reading is important and I want to read as much as I can. If anyone is looking for a great list of books to read the best website I've found is http://www.listology.com/ . Well off I go. Have a lot of reading to do...

Alone. Yes, that's the key word, the most awful word in the English tongue. Murder doesn't hold a candle to it and hell is only a poor synonym...
 (Stephen King)

...Now tell me that didn't make you think

No comments: