December 2, 2010

The Silence is Broken...

(In case you can't read what it says):
 "A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."
-Leopold Stokowski






So I haven't exactly been having a very great week (or two or three to be honest), but here I am, 2am, listening to some newly downloaded music, and everything seems to be coming together as though nothing were ever wrong.

I sometimes forget the power that music has to remedy almost any situation. There is music for every mood, whether it be sad, angry, or just having some good ole frickin' fun, no matter what, in the end you always feel at least a little bit better.

My taste in music is as about as eclectic as I am as a person. Crazy, random, out there, and definitely diverse. I'm all about the country, but could not live without heavy metal.

However, I would like to thank Jacks Mannequin (The Mixed Tape) for improving my mood this wonderful morning at 2am. I think people should spend more time laying in the dark listening to their favorite music and just forgetting all the hardships and negativity that is controlling their lives, and get lost in the depths of the notes and sounds coming from the speakers. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

Well, that's all I have for now. Until next time, when my brain has too many thoughts and I must get them out before imploding. Hope whomever decides to read this enjoys and hopefully you'll break the silence wherever you are and crank up that stereo and get lost in the music.

Music expresses that which cannot be said...

...and on which it is impossible to be silent

2 comments:

Kelsey Bourgeois said...

Music is a cure-all. I agree. I like your writing. it's very honest. keep at it.

www.kelseyannhannon.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Kelsey...

Thank you. I try and keep shit real all the time because there's no reason not to. I surrounded myself with compulsive liars for too many years and can't handle the bull shit so in turn vowed to never become one of those kinds of people.