April 19, 2011

Day Twenty-Eight... (Guilty)

The song that makes me feel guilty is "Smack my Bitch up" by Prodigy. Okay, so that doesn't exactly sound as though it's a song that would make someone feel guilty especially considering the song is techno and in no way has any downer effects to it. My ex-boyfriend/really good friend died a few years ago. He took his life when he hanged himself in the garage at his parents house. The last time I saw him was the Halloween prior to this, when we drove around blasting Prodigy, "scaring" the little kids. We ended up getting into a fight about something trivial and didn't speak. Ever again. A few months later I went by his parents' house to say Happy Birthday and try and salvage our friendship. His mom answered the door and told me about what had happened. I couldn't believe it. To this day it's still hard to comprehend, but every Halloween, I go around blasting "Smack my Bitch up" by Prodigy not only in memory of Charles, but also to remind myself that time is fleeting and you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Smack my bitch up


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A timid person is frightened before a danger, a coward during the time, and a courageous person afterwards.