June 12, 2011

Congrats to the Grads...

It's scary how fast time seems to fly by the older you get. The last two weeks was spent going to graduation parties for my youngest cousins. It freaks me out that the youngest people in my family, two people whom I remember being born have now graduated high school. It's like a big smack in the face and a huge reality check to me that I'm not getting any younger. It brings about those "meaning of life" type questions for me and the "what the hell am I doing with my life" discussions I tend to have with myself in the wee hours of the morning. I'm so proud of my cousin Jessica for graduating and deciding to attend Fresno State and pursue her nursing dream. And I'm proud of my cousin Josh for graduating from Leigh (my nightmare of a high school) and attending the same lovely college as me. I love how completely different my two worlds are when it comes to different groups of family. Jessicas party was all about her friends and making sure the alcohol kept flowing while Joshs party was about family, food, and good times. I loved both parties equally in most respects, but I will admit that Joshs party won because of glowsticks. I LOVE glowsticks. I think all parties should at one point have a huge glowstick free for all for all the adults. Even though I'm not exactly where I'd like to be in my life at this point, I'm glad to know that I still have family and friends all around me that can continuously put a huge shit-eatin' grin on my face.

Yes, I'm wearing glowstick earrings, glasses, bracelets, necklaces, headband, and a wand.
You know you're jealous. hahaha.

Yay Josh!

The Grad Boy...

Janelle's adorable creations...
...and delicious.

Jessica cradling her baby, Jose.

The Grad Girl.

Bro v. Sis Beer Pong...
...it's on bitches.




Time passes by...

...people move on.

No comments: