January 26, 2011

Musical Turbulence...



This is my dad. Hard to believe if you've met him. But yes, my dad.




I know I haven't been around lately and I apologize for my absence, but sadly this post is about nothing special and I won't be around for a little while longer due to the large amount of things that are happening right now. But anyways... I digress.

This post is totally random and was brought up in a topic of conversation the other day with my friend and I thought I'd write a post about it. Everyone, especially these days, listens to music almost constantly. From what I gather, most people have a different song or genre of music they listen to depending on their mood.

No one believes me when I say that I have a SPECIFIC song for each individual mood I may be in. And no one believes me when I say that I listen to practically anything as long as it touches my soul. I grew up listening to country, Motown, 60's and 70's pop/bubblegum music from my mom; old country from my grandma; classic rock, blue grass, soul/blues from my dad; alternative and rock from my uncle; and of course the pop music from my childhood/peers. I personally lean more towards country on a regular basis, but like I said, it depends on my mood. I even have a song picked out that I want to be played at my funeral/memorial service.

People that know me extremely well can tell exactly what mood I'm in just by listening to the song that I have blasting out of my speakers. I like my tunes LOUD.

So if you are ever stuck with me and there happens to be a stereo around and you want to know exactly how I'm feeling here's a key list to figuring it out:

Content: Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Happy: World Spins Madly On by The Weepies
Ecstatic: My Kinda Party by Jason Aldean
Pissed: Fray by Staind
Angry: Tourniquet by Marilyn Manson
Depressed: I Shall Believe by Sheryl Crow
Dead (funeral song): The Chain by Fleetwood Mac
Lonely: It's Getting Better All the Time by Brooks and Dunn
Pity Party: 23 by Jimmy Eat World
Excited: Need You Now by Lady Antebellum (Dance Remix)
Fun/Joyful: I Got Drunk by Montgomery Gentry
Confused/Out of it: House of the Rising Sun by The Animals
2am: The Mixed Tape by Jacks Mannequin
I also have songs that remind me of something or someone that affected me greatly at one point in my life...

When my cat Mooshu died: 13 Angels by Corrosion of Conformity
When my mom's cat Julie died: Deadwood Mountain by Big and Rich
When Nancy and I would go to Santa Cruz to get away from the boys: Dragula by Rob Zombie
Uncle Lee: anything by Sade
Aunt Buddy: Somewhere Over the Rainbow (the Hawaiian version)
Max: Colorblind by The Counting Crows
Uncle Larry: Now You're Talkin' by Montgomery Gentry
Jonny: The More I Drink by Blake Shelton

Well I hope this post is enjoyed and you have learned more about me and my moods. I'm a very complex person and sometimes I confuse myself. Until next time...






Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole...

...flows from heaven to the soul.

No comments: