February 10, 2011

A bar room ain't no place to run and hide...



So some may have noticed that I changed my background and what not... There of course is a reason as with me there is always a reason. I'm full of 'em.

This blog thing started out as a way for me to vent my frustrations and heart aches about my break up with Jonny and the loss of my best friend... While I still use this as a way to vent my frustrations and heart aches this blog has now grown into so much more than that.

The title, SHE BELIEVED, has stayed the same because it still applies in every shape and form possible. It has now become much more universal and has meaning towards more than just that one person.

There have been recent events with family that have made me view my life and what exactly it is I find most important. I have been able to reflect on many things and rearrange my priorities. I have always thought of family as the people that I am related to by blood. I grew up with the thought that no matter what, your family would always be there through thick and thin. People who will love you for ever and always. Someone to fall back on when times get hard. Well how wrong I was.

A lot of things have happened in the past few months that have brought a lot of perspective to the reality I live in. I no longer believe that family only includes people that you are related to by blood. I believe now that family means people who are there for you no matter what, regardless of relation.

So once again a belief of mine has been shot to shit and I have been proven wrong. But that's okay. I now know who I care about and who cares about me. For better or worse.

I continue to believe in myself and the things that matter. And to the people who are no longer a part of my life, good riddance. I'm just glad that I was able to see the true/real you so early in my life. I live in the real world with real people who don't bull shit just because they're too scared to tell the truth and own up to their shit.

I must stop here because I feel my anger surfacing slowly but surely, and that is going to be saved for a different post with content that definitely will not be suited for anyone who is offended easily by foul language and mass amounts of negativity and verbal violence.

But anyways... I continue my journey through life, learning along the way, about the good and the bad... I continue to believe in things regardless of the negative aspects in my life that keep popping up at the most inopportune times... But that's life. And I've learned to accept that things that I cannot change (I've attended too many AA meetings).

So until next time...

I will continue to believe...

...until someone proves me wrong.

No comments: