February 24, 2011

Day Seven... (Treasured Item)




My most treasured item is my high school diploma. For most people high school is the easiest time in their lives. For me, it was the worst/hardest. People were surprised that I actually graduated. It was never a question of my not being smart enough (I went to private school for 11yrs for craps sake). It was more of a social thing and the fact that I refused to go to school and ended up getting expelled from Leigh halfway through my Junior year. I ended up being sent to Boynton where I enrolled in ISP (Independent Studies Program). That was the best choice I had ever made in my life. There is a long story behind my entire high school career and everything that happened, so to keep this short, my high school diploma is my most treasured item because it's something that can never be taken away from me. I received my diploma on my own without any help from anyone. It was a huge accomplishment for me back then and it'll be something that I can take with me literally and metaphorically for the rest of my life. 

No comments: