March 28, 2011

Day Seven... (Rememberance of Certain Event)

Son's Gonna Rise

I don't really have a certain event such as graduation, a funeral, a wedding, a party, or anything substantial like that that a certain song reminds me of. The one event that sticks out most in my life that a song has any representation of would be "Son's Gonna Rise" by Citizen Cope. The first time I heard this song, it was by accident. I didn't know that it was on my mp3 player. To this day I still don't know how the song got on there, but when I heard the song, driving in my car at 1am, all of a sudden everything seemed to make sense. It was the biggest moment of clarity and serenity I had ever had. Plus, it turns out, it's just a great damn song. And it was on my favorite show, One Tree Hill.

"You can't stop it God...

...the wheels in my hand as I stand on the floor of the board of this car on the road."

Citizen Cope

No comments: