March 12, 2011

Day Twenty-Two... (Better)


Something I wish I was better at (and I'm sure a lot of other people wish the same thing) is controlling my anger. If you know me at all, you know that I have serious anger issues. Not even anger as much as rage.  I get so angry sometimes that I actually black out and don't remember what just happened. I've been in a lot of fights, verbal and physical, and wish that I was better at letting things go and lowering my temper in a much more calm manner. I have been working on this for over a year now and have been doing pretty well. People used to actually use me to fight their battles for them because they knew that I had no problem with confrontation and I never back down. I won't lie, a lot of the time yelling and screaming at people (only those who deserve it) makes me feel better. Getting pissed off and screaming so loud my ear drums might pop and my heart is about to explode is a release for me. The problem with trying to let things go is that my anger continues to build up inside of me and I'm afraid one of these days I'm going to flip my lid and it ain't gonna be pretty. But like I said, I'm trying. And I will continue to try because being angry will only fuck with me and hinder my progression in life.

"Anger is never without a reason...

...but seldom with a good one."

-Benjamin Franklin

No comments: